Saturday 5 July 2014

Mimi's Summer Edit

With the summer sun gracing the British skies, I thought it was extremely convenient to show you all the things I am loving this season.

Check out the new video below which is showing you all the clothing items I've been going crazy for this summer.


I thought I should include a little something extra for the blogpost… you’re welcome!

I am an epic music lover. Recently, I’ve been into indie pop and neo-soul music. I have discovered the most amazing app on my iPad and it’s called IndieShuffle. I have discovered some amazing music through this app so if you an iPhone user or own an iPad, you should definitely check it out!


So here it is, the surprise! My summer tunes :D


M I M I ' S  S U M M E R  P L A Y L I S T

Moses Sumney – Plastic

This soulful song literally sends me to a place of peace and tranquillity. This was the soundtrack for my last video! Sumney’s voice is so raspy and effortless, it makes the song even more perfect. A stripped back song with just his voice, a guitar and a little bit of reverb, this song is just the epitome of soulful perfection.

Wildcat! Wildcat! – Garden Grays

For some reason, the opening of this song reminded me of The Boy is Mine by Brandy and Monica – one of the main reasons I was sucked in! Other than that, this song makes me feel so happy. I love listening to this whilst wandering through the busy streets of London. I forget about everything around me and feel an overwhelming sense of “chill”.

Foster the People - Best Friend

I LOVE THIS SONG! Whenever this comes on at work, it gives me hope that day can actually be great! It is such a feel good song. I have to admit, it has started an obsession with Foster the People.

 Little Daylight – Overdose

This is my JAM! I always bob my head whenever the shuffle on my phone brings it to my attention. The female vocal fits in so perfectly with this song. It makes me feel the same way Garden Grays does.

Carousel –Stay Awake

This is my “if only I was in love” song. This song is the cutest song EVER! I’m so grateful to IndieShuffle for introducing me to this awesome song. Just listen to the lyrics. For some reason, even though it is a love song, it isn’t cringey at all! Make relationships seem pretty cool, WHO KNEW!

Childish Gambino ft. Jhene Aiko – Pink Toes

I have an unhealthy obsession with Childish Gambino. This song never ceases to blow my mind. Perfect summer jam! I can imagine this blasting at a chilled BBQ with plenty of alcoholic beverages (hehe who doesn't love a cheeky cider). Just listen. You’ll be amazed!

Hope ya’ll enjoyed the post! Speak soon,

Mimi x

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP